The Food Purveyor announces the return of Healthcare Worker Sundays

PETALING JAYA, 18 January 2021: The Food Purveyor, one of the fastest-growing premium supermarket groups in Malaysia, has announced a restart of 10 per cent discount for the healthcare workers during this COVID-19 crisis.

Those who identify as doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and medical staff from hospital and clinics will receive the discount on their purchases made in-store at all Village Grocer, Big Independent Grocer (B.I.G.), BSC Fine Foods, and Pasaraya OTK outlets by showing their employment ID at checkout counters*, every Sunday throughout the MCO 2.0 period.

“Our healthcare workers are the nation’s frontliners tackling the detection and treatment against  COVID-19 since March last year.  These heroes are putting themselves second to help others during this pandemic. The Food Purveyor highly appreciates their work, and we want to show our gratitude with a special thank you” said Geoff King, Chief Executive Officer of The Food Purveyor.

Geoff King, Chief Executive Officer of The Food Purveyor

This discount is the second time offered after the first healthcare Sunday initiative ran successfully during the last MCO in 2020.  

This is one of a number of initiatives by The Food Purveyor to support communities that are going through challenging times.  

Since March 2020, The Food Purveyor has contributed more than RM131,00.00 worth of food items and money and outreached more than a thousand individuals from vulnerable and charity community that were affected by the pandemic.

For more information on the appreciation discount, visit www.villagegrocer.com.my and www.big.com.my

*This offer is only valid for in-store purchases at all grocery stores managed by The Food Purveyor located in the Klang Valley and Johor. Not valid with purchases made online, through the BITES Shop, or through any third-party delivery service. This offer may not be combined with any other discount, BITES membership or promotion and cannot be used to purchase of wine and spirits, tobacco, non-halal and concession items. Valid throughout MCO period only.