TFP’s Grocery Discount For Healthcare Workers Extends after Overwhelming Response, Resulting in over RM200,000 of Discounts passed on so far

Kuala Lumpur, 11 August 2021 – After receiving an overwhelming response from the nation’s healthcare workers and surpassing RM200,000 worth of discount giveaway, Malaysia’s fastest-growing premium supermarket group, The Food Purveyor (TFP), has decided to extend the 10 per cent discount offer until the end of August 2021 – available to all healthcare workers across all of TFP’s stores.

The grocery discount was first introduced as a Sunday-only offer from April 5th 2020, and ran successfully for a 6 week period. When, at the beginning of 2021 the country was once again faced with thousands of Covid-cases, TFP decided to re-launch the discount offer from January 18, 2021.

In April 2021, TFP extended the discount to all week, rather than every Sunday. The extension allowed many more healthcare workers to utilise the offer. To date over 10,000 healthcare worker transactions have availed of the discount, with a total discount rising to over RM200,000.

All doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and medical staff are entitled to enjoy the 10 per cent discount when purchasing in-store at all Village Grocer, Ben’s Independent Grocer (B.I.G.), BSC Fine Foods, and Pasaraya OTK outlets. All that is required is proof of employment via ID at the checkout counters.

“It has been over a year since the first lockdown gripped our country. We understand and see that healthcare workers are working tirelessly to tackle and beat Covid-19. Whether it’s through testing, treating the sick, or vaccinating to protect – Healthcare workers are defending the nation daily.

The 10 per cent discount offer is our small token of thanks to all Healthcare workers who are giving their incredible service for the people and this nation.” said Geoff King, the Chief Executive Officer of The Food Purveyor.

For more information on the appreciation discount, visit www.villagegrocer.com.my , www.big.com.my and https://bscfinefoods.com/ .